Thursday, 9 February 2012

Say it with words

I like Valentine’s Day. I know some people don’t, but I do. Particularly now, with kids in the equation (and young ones at that), there’s generally not much available space for quality couple time. So I like that Valentine’s Day gives us a good excuse to put the daily grind aside and get our romance on.


Paul and I don’t go overboard and this year won’t be any exception. We’ll probably have a nice meal at home, perhaps a little gift here and there, maybe even a bit of smooching on the sofa, if we don’t fall asleep first! One thing there definitely will be though, is cards. I love them. I love choosing them, writing them and sending them. Particularly the ones printed with lovely words that say the exact message you've been searching for. 

I remember being quite upset on the first birthday Paul and I ever spent together when he didn’t buy me a card (he must have thought I was mental!). Even though he bought me some lovely presents, it was the card and the meaningful words that mattered the most. He’s never made that mistake again and that’s for sure!

I've already got Paul's card ready to go, but there are so many lovely cards and typographic prints out there at the moment, I had to share some of my finds. So if you’re still looking for the perfect way to say ‘I love you’ this Valentine’s Day, check out these little gems from Etsy and Notonthehighst. So much nicer than a box of chocolates or a heart shaped balloon, don’t you think? 

from here

from here

from here

from here

from here

from here

from here

from here

from here

What are your plans this Valentine's Day? Are you a sucker for a lovely card? Do you love Etsy and Notonthehighst as much as me?!

10 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for some cute cards so loving these links :)

    Our valentine's day is always overshadowed by our anniversary so usually it's just an excuse to get takeaway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, glad you liked them. I'd spend a fortune on cards if I could. Although I am still rubbish at remembering birthdays.
      Happy anniversary to you both. x

      Delete
  2. Love them! They are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - it was such a chore trawling those sites too :)

      Delete
  3. We love a good card giving ourselves, handmade, bought I love them all! Unfortunately this year won't be our most romantic, with me on canteen duty all day, and Pip in Melbourne for work......will have to pop his card in his suitcase and suprise him there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make cards too sometimes. I have a collection of stamps that I like to use, but it's hard to find the time now. I'm sure Pip will love his surprise card! Enjoy. x

      Delete
  4. That's lovely that you still do cards. It's such a dying art these days, and I admit that I'm one of those people who don't really write or send them anymore. I remember back in the days when The Man and I first started dating and he used to leave me love notes. I miss those. No plans here for Valentine's Day, we've never really celebrated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mum still sends cards all the time, so I think I get it off her. We used to leave love nots too! I remember when we had first started living together and I went away for the first time, I left little love post-its all over the house! Hmmm - maybe should start that back up again! x

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful cards. We kinda stopped the Valentine's thing a few years ago. We only ever did cards for it though, but now it's all just way too commercial for our liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally commercial, I agree! Do your boys make cards at pre-school? Oliver came home with one last year that was pretty cute. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...