Sunday, 19 February 2012

The weekend and a little act of kindness, among other things

I had various plans for the posts I wanted to write this weekend. But quite frankly, it didn’t happen.





The weekend ended up being one of those super busy ones, but in a wow-that-was-really-enjoyable kind of way, rather than an oh-my-god-that-was-hectic kind of way. We’ve had dog walks, museum trips, a rooftop birthday party, swimming, coffee and shopping with friends and yesterday we hired one of those family push-bikes for a cycle around Centennial Park, complete with picnic lunch (Ollie ringing the bell at the front, Lila strapped to my chest and Paul doing all the leg-work!).

Like I said, busy. But thankfully there were no tantrums, lots of beautiful family moments and no schedule to stick to, so things just naturally unfolded. Perfect.

I also lost my phone. I left it in a shopping basket (yes, really stupid, I know). But do you know what? A few hours after losing it, I called my number and the lovely Aiden answered. He’d found it nestled amongst his shopping and took it home to wait for my call. How nice is that? Restores your faith in the human race when something like that happens. Good on you Aiden you little super star!

Now, I've decided to bring you a #febphotoaday update today (in no particular order). I'm still loving it. The community over there at Inst
agram is great. Keeps me entertained at all hours of the day and night and that’s for sure. Enjoy!

Until next time… was your weekend a busy one? Do you have any random acts of kindness stories to share?

10am

Button

Inside my closet

Drink

Something I hate

Heart

Makes me happy

Time (well, I ran out of it and this was taken when I remembered!)

My view

Strangers
*Linking in with Sonia at Life Love and Hiccups today for Wonderful Weekends

23 comments:

  1. Kindness must be in the air. So glad you got your phone back, I know I'd be lost without mine!
    Lovely Photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was starting to panic slightly after I'd been to the supermarket and they didn't have it. Sad how attached we are to them really! x

      Delete
  2. I love random acts of kindness, they make the world go round.I gave an elderly gent at the supermarket a few dollars the other day. He was a little short on his groceries and went to put back his scotch finger biscuits. I thought of my own Pa and how much he used to enjoy them with a nice strong cup of tea. He was so thankful, and told me he and his wife have them for supper with a mug of Horlicks. It was a lovely moment to share. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelley, that's just lovely. Go you. I bet you absolutely made that man's day. x

      Delete
  3. I almost did the same thing with my phone, I had to scurry back and sift through the stack of shopping baskets! Loving your febphoto shots xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do that too! Took bloody ages. I gave up hope after I'd looked through a billion of the things. Thank god for Aiden!

      Delete
  4. Your weekend sounds truly divine- only to be topped by an act of random kindness of the like we sometimes forget still happens!

    The Centennial park ride sounds brilliant- as does the rooftop party!

    Kids just love the moments with their parents doing *memory-making* stuff don't they!

    Great Instagram pickies- I'm soooo doing March!!

    Melissa- Miss Sew & So...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend thanks. Yes, definitely do March. You'll have to find me there (do we follow each other already? I lose track!). @greenteantoast.

      Delete
  5. It's great that you got your phone back! There's a lot of kind, thoughtful people out there and it's great when you bump into one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so nice. I'd definitely do the same too. Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a fab weekend...how nice to get your phone back...there ate still good people...more than bad thankfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great sounding weekend! I love it when the balance between fun and crazy busy works perfectly. How lovely that your phone was returned. I think I would cry if I lost mine!! Loving your Feb photos, it's such a fun project to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree - it's nice to be busy but not feel rushed. Have a feeling the next few are all going to be like that. Bracing myself!

      Delete
  8. What luck! Sounds like a busy weekend. I miss Centennial Park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting Greer - and leading me to your lovely blog :) Centennial park is really lovely, we're lucky to have it on our doorstep. x

      Delete
  9. I am so glad you got your phone back, it restores my faith in humans when I hear things like that. I am loving your photos on instagram, I'm slightly addicted to that app :) thanks for linking up lvely and happy you had a wonderful weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally addicted too! It is nice when people do a good deed. I know I'd do the same. x

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous shots - I now have a case of closet envy!!
    Your weekend sounds just perfect.
    It's so lovely that Aiden was an honest good samaritan.
    Refreshing!
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, how awesome is that closet!

      Delete
    2. It is pretty nice - my little Carrie Bradshaw moment! Just wish I had the Sex & the City wardrobe to match!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful weekend, sounds divine Anna. I love your photos, just gorgeous. And how is that for kindness hey, it's lovely to know there are still kind folks in the world. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Peggy. It was a lovely weekend - hoping for another good one this weekend too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...