Monday, 30 April 2012

Made it


via


So here I am. In England. Writing my very first British blog post from my very British new home. I have so much to tell you all. So much has happened in this one short week since we left (has it really been one whole week?!).

Days have passed in a blur of jetlag, rain (oh so much rain!) and excitement at finally being here.

The flight was fine. Good even. Our two littlies behaved beautifully. Oliver either watched movies (TV with no limits – he was in heaven!), slept (I never want to travel cattle class again, thanks) or played with the numerous presents I wrapped up for him and popped in his Trunki. Lila just charmed the pants off everyone around her.  Even Paul and I managed a fair amount of sleep and didn’t feel too shabby by the end of it all.

Then we arrived. And it was grey and cold and drizzly and busy. And exactly how you imagine England to be when you’re hanging out at the beach on a beautiful day in Sydney. But then there were the Grandparents running towards us and they made it so right.

And it’s felt so right ever since. Despite the rain and the extreme tiredness (two children awake from 1.30am until 7am for two nights in a row was a killer), it feels exactly as I hoped. Like we’ve arrived back home.

The house we had only seen on the internet is lovely, seeing the cousins playing together was beautiful and watching Oliver’s face light up around his beloved Grandparents is what this is all about.

I can’t wait to tell you more tales from this new life of ours. I hope you’ll bear with me. We’re still without mobiles and bank-cards, still sorting out cars and parking permits and slowly getting round to contacting old friends and family. We’re getting there though. And we're here and loving it. And it’s all just so exciting.

Until next time… how have you all been? I hope you’re all having a good week. x

11 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely - this gives me goosebumps!

    Despite the weather I am sure you made the right decision. Family is far more precious than a slither of sunshine.

    Welcome home xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! Glad you got there safe, sounds like the flight wasn't too bad with two little-ies.
    Hope everything else goes smooth for you, pretty jealous over here!!
    Look forward to more tales.

    Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I'm so pleased you had a good trip back. It must be so lovely being surrounded by family and the familiar sights and smells of home. I'm sure you'll feel properly settled in no time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the 'settle' period goes well....looking forward to exciting tales from england x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna, I don't know why but your post got me a bit choked. Really missing my friends back home lately, friends from a mother's group that you can't find anywhere else, and of course all my family. We do love it here, and as I type it's a gorgeous autumn day. You couldn't get a better day for weather, but I miss all those people. You can never really have it all, can you....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh anna, I'm so glad you have that feeling of being right where you're meant to be.
    Fantastic.
    I can't wait to hear more.
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds so exciting even though you left the sunny beachy land for the UK! what an awesome time you all must be having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds so great Anna, so pleased you feel right where you want to be.
    Looking forward to more tales as you settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful to hear Anna! Sounds like you've really found your niche and having family around is just the best... nothing comes close really. Shame about the weather welcoming, but I'm sure it will improve. Well done on the flight success too, I bet you're glad that part's over for a while. Nice to have you back online! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so very good to read this post, know that you're there, and that it already feels so RIGHT. All the best while you continue to settle in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Anna!! Great to be back 'home', especially when it feels so right. You'll create some amazing memories there to add to the beautiful ones you made in Australia. Such a fun adventure ahead xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...