Friday, 17 August 2012

Eleven




Ok so I’m a week late with this post. But you know, chicken pox happened.

Lady Lila is now eleven months and a bit, hurtling towards one year. Most noticeably this girl now has an opinion on things. Oh the horror! My placid, easy going little princess has recently been replaced by one determined little monkey who is in. to. absolutely. everything.

The glory days of having a baby content to sit on my lap for extended periods of time are well and truly over and I am now forever washing filthy leggings with dirt-stained knees, fishing out stones and other small things from inside her squidgy cheeks or moving various objects out of reach. I even caught her licking a snail the other day. I know.

She has been practicing her free-standing. Actually, just standing in general, but now she can do it hands-free. It’s quite exciting and she’s oh-so pleased with herself. Just yesterday she even made it across the room with her baby walker and a few wibbly wobbly footsteps. Yet another step towards, well, stepping.

Standing has also lead to stair climbing and she can now hot-foot it up a flight of stairs on her hands and knees. Cute in theory, but I had a true heart-in-mouth Mama moment this week when I thought both kiddos were playing in the playroom together while I cleared away the breakfast things. When I finally tuned in to their chatter I realised, to my absolute horror, that Ollie had encouraged the little miss to climb the entire flight of stairs on her own. He was on the landing, she was sitting on her knees on the top step, beaming at him. Holy bejezus! Think it’s time to get a stair gate fitted.  




In other news, little Boo has two more teeth poking through, which totals six. She’s still sleeping like a dream and she has developed the most amazing way to cuddle. With her head on your shoulder and both arms hooked firmly around your neck, it’s like a proper big-girl, grown-up cuddle and is truly divine.

Her talking is coming along well. She has definite words for ball, book and bottle (the three b’s!) among others and tries to copy the sounds and syllables for everything she hears. Animal noises are fast becoming a favourite, particularly woof woof, baa baa and mooo. I really feel like I understand everything she’s trying to communicate now, which is a wonderful thing for us both.

And finally, in this month-of-Lila update, she's started these cute little role playing games - putting phones to her ear and saying 'ha ha' (hi) cuddling her teddies and dolls and saying 'ahhhh', drinking pretend drinks from the tea set, even attempting to brush her hair with my brush (gender stereotyping much?!). She must have been absorbing so much in that little eleven-month old brain of hers, and now is the time for her to put it all in to practice. 

As always I’m sure there is more I want to write. I wish I would learn that I’m actually not any good at remembering things and need to write it all down as it happens. Sigh.

Until that day… have you ever had one of those ‘holy shit’ parenting moments? 

You can read more month-of-Lila updates here:

16 comments:

  1. Oh whatta gal! She is beautiful Anna... and almost one!?!? How did that happen?? Enjoy her for all of her individuality and flair xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I can't believe she's almost one. It's absolutely flown by. x

      Delete
  2. Oh - she is so gorgeous.
    And such a clever little one.
    It really does pass by far too quickly.
    I love these posts.
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shar - can't wait to start reading baby posts about your little bundle soon! x

      Delete
  3. So sweet Anna, what a lovely record of your little one. I keep saying I must try harder to write things down as they happen - silly things they say and do, I always seem to forget later!
    I have nominated you for an award over on my blog, hope you dont mind. Have a super weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've said it already but.... thank you SO much for the blog award. I'll be passing on the Liebster torch very soon x

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna, thanks for stopping by my blog. I've just had a little read of yours and I wanted to say that your writing is really good. I feel like I want to read back for a while so I'm off to do that! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather. Glad you enjoyed it - I really loved visiting your blog too! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Anna .. thanks for visiting my blog .. it was lovely to see you there ...your little girl is a beauty ... my little girl is two now and so much fun ... she could chat the leg off a pot ... to quote my mum :) ... it's exciting to see their little personality develop ... just off to read some of your older posts, your blog looks lovely ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee - lovely to have you here! Two year olds are exhausting but so much fun aren't they?! x

      Delete
  6. Oh!

    She is DIVINE!

    And such a sterotypical little girl :)

    It's amazing how they naturally morph into their genders isn't it?

    Enjoy her, & those cuddles! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUCH a girl. Honestly, it's amazing. Ollie was shouting 'daaaa' and pointing at every car that drove past by this age - Lila doesn't even know they're there! x

      Delete
  7. Hi Anna, just wanted to let you know that I ended up reading the whole thing! You are a good writer, sparky and funny. I like reading your journey so far. I am a bit ahead of the baby stage now, but it was funny to read and remember. You should definitely pursue your writing in some form or another, even if it's just with this blog. I will definitely be back to read more. All the best Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much Heather. Your comment just made my day. So pleased you enjoyed reading my blog - makes it all the more worthwhile. x

      Delete
  8. Big sister screeches from the little one's room: "Mummy, come quiiiiiick!!"
    Little one has climbed up her bookcase.
    From her bookcase, she has climbed onto the top of her chest of drawers.
    She's on her way to the windowsill when I grab her...
    Little one is 18 months old. Needless to say, we have now rearranged the furniture in her bedroom!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! They are amazing at getting in to situations like that aren't they. Lucky you were there x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate each and every one and try to reply as often as I can. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...